Welcome to Parish Fields Practice
The partners and staff of the Parish Fields Practice warmly welcome you to our website.
We are confident that our website will provide clear and concise help and give our patients the information they require in an easy and convenient format. It has been designed with the patient’s needs at the forefront of everything, from checking surgery times to letting us know what you think of us.
Our dedicated team are here to treat those minor ailments that occur as well as providing specialist management of long-term conditions and clinics covering a wide range of healthcare issues. The technology also means you can now do a lot of things from the comfort of your home such as order a repeat prescription or cancel an appointment.
If you would like a chaperone present during your consultation please ask at the reception or at any time during your consultation
Partners in Care
Once registered, patients and healthcare professionals work together to ensure the most appropriate care is provided. This partnership philosophy extends even further and our active patient group exists to make sure that patient needs and the practice offering are always heading in the same direction.
To build a long term sustainable practice that manages the primary care relationship of patients through their engagement with the practice and the wider health economy, delivered through self-managing teams and a supportive environment which ensures staff development whilst managing their work/life balance.
Statement of Purpose
- To provide effective, high quality, appropriate healthcare to our patients
- To encourage patients to take responsibility for their own health, supporting them to
do so. To promote a healthy lifestyle and where appropriate self-management of acute and chronic conditions
- To offer and encourage preventative healthcare including screening & vaccination.
- To use NHS resources effectively. To be mindful of alternatives to drug treatment. To prescribe appropriately being aware of unwanted effects including polypharmacy and antimicrobial resistance.
- To ensure that the premises are effectively cleaned and that all staff adhere to the practice infection control policy.
- To foster a welcoming environment for all, both in the facilities of the practice and the attitude of all of our staff.
- To ensure that all clinical staff are insured and affiliated to the appropriate bodies and that all staff undertake appropriate training
- To work with colleagues outside the practice in the promotion and provision of healthcare to our patients.
- To be supportive to the carers of our patients; and to carers who are our patients.
- To promote the development of our staff leading to increased job satisfaction and effectiveness, with a healthy work/life balance.
Our Practice is engaging in a pilot scheme providing improved access to healthcare professionals. Working within a group of eight local Practices, we will be offering a range of appointments each weekday evening between 6.30pm and 8pm and during selected times at weekends, to registered patients, in at least one of the participating Practices. Please contact our reception team for more details.
(Site updated 11/03/2019)